Australians for Sustainable Development
Australians for Sustainable Development (AfSD) is an alliance of concerned local government, community, environment, and business groups seeking reform of NSW planning laws to benefit and improve local communities.
AfSD’s priorities are:
- To build a community of support for better planning laws in NSW
- To inform the public about abuses of planning laws, particularly misuse of the ‘state significant’ Part 3A law
- The reform of the ‘state significant’ Part 3A law and reversal of the worst decisions made under it
- The introduction of better planning laws, which ensure transparency, sustainable development and a voice for the community
- To challenge poor planning decisions in court